Monday, March 22, 2010

Last week

It was really nice to be home for spring break last week but the week we came back I was loaded with work and two exams. It was my fault because if I had done some work over break then it would not have been that bad. On Friday I had a physics test from 5:30-7 and it was also woman’s preview week. I currently like in Hypatia which is an all girls engineering floor in the slusher wing so as part of the program we were required to host a prospective student. The girls had all been already admitted to the college of engineering so this gave them a chance to spend a night in the dorm.

My roommate and I hosted two girls who were both from Pennsylvania. After the exam, we all had dinner and then hung out at break zone in squires. It was such a weird feeling hosting prospective students because only a year ago we were in their shoes and trying to decide which college we wanted to go to. Most of the students also had their parents come with them and participate in some of the activities which made a little sad because seeing all the parents made me miss my mom and dad so much. In the end the weekend was really successful because most of the girls seem to really enjoy themselves and one of the girls we hosted said the weekend helped her to decide that she wanted to come to VT for sure in the fall. I think this is a great opportunity to figure out whether you want to come to a certain school because you have the chance to come actually live and campus see how it feels. I didn’t participate in women’s preview weekend last year but I did visit another time which helped me to make the right decision about what college I wanted to attend.

Then Sunday sucked because I had waited to all my homework then so I was working all day long. I seem to never learn my lesson about procrastinating and saving all my homework for Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. Last year, I did spend the night with the corp and now we are all hosting prospective cadets. It's weird to think that I was there a year ago.

    ReplyDelete