Saturday, February 13, 2010

Summer

Enduring the cold weather these past weeks, I realized I miss the summer so much. I really want the summer to come fast so it can be warm. I’m especially excited for this summer because I get to travel to a lot of new places. I’m doing a two week program abroad right after exams are over to Europe called RSAP. The purpose of RSAP is to expose students to engineering in a global context. For the program we have to take a class this semester then we get to travel to France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland for two weeks. I’m so excited to go to Europe because I have never there before except for England. I think the best part is that my parents will not be there so I will be much more fun going with students my age.

After this program is over, my sister and I are going to visit my family in Kashmir for 2 months. I’m so excited to go back because I miss my family so much and have not seen them for about three years. Recently, my grandfather passed away so my dad went back to visit for a few weeks but we couldn’t go because of school. It was so sad because we were only a few months away from the summer and would have seen him but he passed away. I was going to go last summer before I started college but I didn’t have a chance and will always have regret that I didn’t go even though my grandpa really wanted us to come.

But I hope to see everyone when I go this summer. I moved to America when I was eight years old but still have many memories with my family and friends so going to Kashmir is always exciting. Most of my family still lives in Kashmir so there is always something to do. Even though Kashmir is a fairly underdeveloped place because many people don’t have running water or the electricity goes out like every hour, there is something about being in the mountains that is so peaceful. Kashmir is in the Mountains so it is absolutely a beautiful place to go for vacation.

 I just want the summer to come fast so I can leave and have an adventurous summer.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to Europe but I understand what you mean. This summer I have Navy training and I am going to get to travel (without the parents). I'm totally jealous though because you are going to see some awesome things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I want to go to europe, I wish I go there for vacation actually..

    ReplyDelete