I use to read a lot of books when I was in high school because I had a lot of time but now it seems like I don’t read for fun as much anymore because I always seem to have too much homework to do.
I don’t know if I have that one favorite book because I like many of them. My top favorite books would have to be A Thousand Splendid suns, Kite Runner and To kill a Mockingbird. The first two are by the same author Khaled Hosseini and both take place in Afghanistan. Both deal with various topics like friendship, Taliban treatment of their own people and other things in society. I first read The Kite Runner when I was on vacation because my cousin insisted it was the best book ever. I believed her because my cousin doesn’t like reading at all so if she took the time to read the book then I figure it would be good. I remember I read for a few days straight because I needed to know what happened. When the movie for Kite Runner came out, I didn’t watch it because I thought it would ruin the book for me because movies are never as good as the books. After reading Kite Runner, I read Thousand Splendid Suns, which was his second book and it was amazing. I was so impressed that a male author could write so well from a woman’s point of view. I recommend those books to anyone who has time. Even though both books are fiction, I learned a lot of Afghanistan and other social issues that the book dealt with.
I read To Kill a Mockingbird when I was a freshman in High school and it is still one of my all time favorite books. I like this book because it presents the race issues that were widespread in the Deep South during the Great Depression.
16 years ago
best wishes...........
ReplyDeleteTo Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favorite books also. My favorite book is "The Diving Bell and The Butterfly" by Jean-Domoinique Bauby. I can lend it to you if you want.
ReplyDeleteTrue, I read a lot of the books you mentioned for school. I did like some of them, but I still don't read for fun. Probably because I'm too lazy.
ReplyDelete