Thursday, April 1, 2010

Quotes

This week I decided to paste the quotes that are on my facebook page and explain why I have them there.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
~The Princess Bride~

"My only crime is that I have loved Kashmir."
-MAQBOOL BUTT

It's too bad that the people who really know how to run the country are busy teaching school.
~Mr. Palermo~

"Science without religion is lame, religion without
science is blind."
~ Albert Einstein~

"Whoever says Friendship is easy has obviously never had a true friend!" -
~Bronwyn Polson~

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."
~Albert Einstein~

-"Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings."
~C. Archie Danielson~

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
~Atticus Finch~

“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”
~Dr. Seuss~

"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
~Mahatma Gandhi~

True peace is not merely the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice.
~Martin Luther King, Jr~

“Though there has been no dramatic breakthrough on Kashmir, both sides are reaching for, and plucking, the low-hanging fruit of the peace tree,” ~Uday Bhaskar ~

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
~Gandhi ~

"Live as if you are going to die tomorow, but learn as if you are going to live forever"
~Mahatma Gandhi~

“"Scientists investigate that which already is;
Engineers create that which has never been.''”
~ Albert Einstein ~

“Scientists dream about doing great things. Engineers do them.”
~James A. Michener~

“The engineer has been, and is, a maker of history”
~ James Kip Finch ~

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
~M Mead~

"If this is a country of freedom, let it be a country of freedom; and if it's not a country of freedom, change it" ~Malcolm X~

"It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it."
~Eleanor Roosevelt~

"Nobody can bring you peace but yourself."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Engineer your Life :)

I never looked at these quotes closely but I just realized most of them are about peace or engineering. I don't know if that says something about me or not. Usually, when I find a quote I like I write them down or put them on my facebook page.

2 comments:

  1. It's sort of funny because we have some quotes in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with most of your quotes except "Nobody can bring you peace but yourself."
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

    ReplyDelete