Sunday, April 18, 2010

So I wrote a Poem

I wrote a poem randomly the other day so here it is...

As I Watch…
As I watch my mother fall
As I watch my sister bleed
As I watch my father die

I wonder what their crime was
Does our mere existence bother them?
But we are human beings just like them

Do they not think what would
happen to their own children if they didn’t come home
just like the many who have lost their family

Maybe they think this is humanity
allowing their patriotism
to justify the death of the innocent

As I watch myself fall
I wonder if a day will exist
when we can breathe freely.

2 comments:

  1. This is deep stuff. I wish I could write poetry well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about writing a poem too. But anyways your poem is really good by the way.

    ReplyDelete